Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Will I Do Without My Big Bro??!!

That was one looong graduation!


We went out to dinner before and then got shaved ice afterwards

As many of you know, Alex is leaving for college in a couple of days. I always knew he would be leaving at the end of this year but it never really hit me that I wouldn't have an older brother around until this past week. I am so used to him always being there for me and he is such an important part of our family. He really helps to hold the family together and he is the best example to me and my other siblings that an older brother could be. I will miss his hugs and funny comments everyday. Its weird how all the sudden I have the responsibility of being the oldest kid in the house. On top of that, I will have to always make sure I am close by to help control my Mom's frequent "crying episodes" :). I love Alex so much and I hope that I can be as good of an example to the younger siblings as he has been for me.

3 comments:

tayallred21 said...

Hii this is Taylor! I am so excited that you got a blog my blog address is www.taylorallred.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

welcome to the blogging world. i might actually know what's going on in your busy life now! and i know you are excited to see what's happening in mine!

i love you gorgeous girl!

Alex Martinsen said...

Well I definately love my little sister. I think my relationship with you and the rest of the family is going to be much better after this whole college thing. We had always been toghether you and I, and so maybe we felt like that meant we didn't need to make an effort to spend time together as much.

But I definately think that will improve as we get older and I learn a little more about being a good brother. I love you, and miss your goofy personality! ..not that its always goofy.. you know what I mean.

Holy crap I had to like minimize my Internet Explorer when my roomate walked in and saw your blog. I think its eyes fell out of his head. Good thing he lives in Idaho...