Saturday, June 21, 2008

Trip to Cali!!



Hard at work on our cake!

1 am photo shoot

Being Crazy

Magic Mountain


As many of you know, I spent this past week in Valencia, California with my best friend Erica. Erica and I met in 5th grade on my first day of school after moving to California and became great friends very quickly. Over the years since we moved to Arizona I have seen her a couple times a year and we always write and call. For some reason, these past 2 YEARS we have not been able to see each other once!!! So of course I was very excited as I got ready to spent the week with her. The first day we just hung out by her pool and didn't do much of anything. Around dinner time we had a brilliant idea to make (attempt) a huge, gormet wedding cake with tiers and everything! To say the least, her entire counter space with FILLED with different sized cakes, cupcakes, buntcakes, heart cakes, ect... It was looking perfect until we tried to asseble it all together, when the entire thing cracked down the middle and ended up in little pieces! At first we were sad but quickly realized that the little chunks of cake tasted just as amazing as a good-looking one would have! That night we dressed up crazy to take a few pics and before we knew it, it was 1 in the morning and we had WAY more pics than anyone would ever want to see!! (We tend to get a little carried away...). That next morning we woke up early and went to Magic Mountain with a few friends that I haven't seen since 6th grade! Magic Mountain has always been one of mine and Erica's favorite places and it seemed like as we waited in line at each roller coaster we had at least one funny memory on that ride that we could laugh about. On Wednesday we woke up even earlier and drove and hour to Carpenteria Beach where her Dad dropped us off. We spent the ENTIRE day in the hot sun and perfect water. We could not have asked for better beach weather. As you can imagine, that night we fell asleep fast after a movie, exhausted and very sun burned. The next morning we woke up and got ready to go shopping! We got dropped off in Santa Barbara which is an absolutely beautiful city! We spent most of the day shopping and then took the trolley to the beach where we spent the next three hours just relaxing, swimming and tanning. Friday we finally got to sleep in and just hang out at Erica's house before leaving for the airport. It was such a blast to spend time with one of my favorite people ever and the week could not have been better! Even though a part of me never wanted to leave, I was so ready to get home and see my family who I missed very much. I'm so grateful for an awesome first trip of this summer!

7 comments:

lora said...

I dint read it but it looks like you had a good time! and Im going to california on Monday!!! so I hope I have fun to! well your blog is cool!!!

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Get ready for us to come. I just booked it today. Taylor needs some fun!

Kristen said...

sounds like a perfect trip!! what a lucky gal! i wanted to see pictures of your cake. You are so cute!

Taylor said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Reading this is making me more and more excited to come out and see you!

Whit said...

hey hey hey!!! I'm glad you had such a great trip in Cali. I just got off the phone with you...haha, SO I'LL SEE YOU IN 9 DAYS. I'm practically jumping out of my skin over here, if thats even possible. Can't can't can't wait!! love you.

Shiela Campbell said...

What fun memories you are making!!! Did you know that Papa Bud's only sister lives in Santa Barbra? We go their every year. It is a beautiful city and I love to go out on the wharf. I went to Walgreens a few days ago and missed you!!! You are a doll and I am so lucky to have the beautiful, fun grand daughters I do. Oh how I wish we could figure out a way to have a 12 and up girls trip and that Nana could spend lots of money on all of you!! DREAM ON! If I can get Usana going it could happen! (think Positive) I sure love you honey!!!!

Tara said...

I am so glad you are home...even if you are leaving me AGAIN on Tuesday for girls camp! I missed you so much, but am so glad that you have so many fun things this summer. You need all the fun you can get before school starts up again huh?
Love you so much!!
-mom